Hi`ialakai Plan of the Day 10/04
PLAN OF THE DAY
NOAA SHIP HI'IALAKAI (R334)
Date: Oct 4, 2004 (Monday)
0000 - 0600 Conduct camera tows and CTD's per Night
0730 Launch site near 28/10.8 N and 177/21.3 W
* HI-1 - REA Team will visit sites R3, R7, and 2
* HI-3 - Tow team will conduct tows along the SE side
of the atoll
0800 Transit to next launch site.
0830 Launch site near 28/14.2 N and 177/26.8 W.
* HI-2 - Will conduct CTD's during morning ops. with
Danny and June
* HI-5 - Mooring Team will deploy and recover an ODP
(Stephani will assist)
1230 At second launch site;
* HI-3 - Alongside ship to change out tanks and gear.
Will conduct tows along NW area of reef.
* HI-2 - Alongside ship to drop off June. David and
Dan climb aboard. HI-2 meets HI-5 and Danny and
Stephani trade places. HI-2 will then take photos NW
of site R15 and back reef by R25.
1530 Call Midway Harbormaster and ensure Susan will
be at the small boat basin dock
1550 HI-1 departs working area to pick up Susan from
1600 to 1700 - Stagger the recovery of all boats near
the second launch site. HI-5 should be back at
1600, followed by HI-1 at 1620, then HI-2 at 1630,
and HI-3 at 1640.
(refer to Night Ops sheet for locations)
1800 - 2400 Conduct TOAD camera tows at stations
around Midway Islands.
Evening movies: (Both will start at 1730 and again at 2000.)
* Mystic River
CDR Scott E. Kuester,